Saturday, October 11, 2008

She Was Sweet Sixteen And One Year More

She was sweet sixteen and one year more
When I met her at the church house door.
She was the friendly type, quite pretty and gay.
I made her acquaintance, then went my way.

I talked with her more on another day
And seemed to liker her right a way.
I asked for a date and she said, “Why, Yes!”
She was waiting for just those words, I guess.

I dated her then more than a year,
And she was always such a sweet little dear.
Then I though if she would just be my wife;
We could be happy the rest of our life.

When I asked her about it, she said, “Well, I guess.
If you will me give time for a nice wedding dress.”
Now for sixty-five years, we have known many joys
With our two pretty girls and three stalwart boys.

Vester Cooper
c 2008. Vester Cooper Trust. All rights reserved

No comments: